19 May 2008

Nightmares

Yup, that's right--I've been plagued by nightmares lately.  Not the being-stabbed-to-death kind, but more of the personal-devastation kind.  Needless to say, it's not been a good month for sleeping. 

It all started with a dream about an ex-boyfriend getting married in a Protestant church and then  asking me to play DJ at his wedding with the CDs that are in my car.  Odd, yes?  Maybe not a technical nightmare, but unpleasant nonetheless.  

Then I started having reoccurring nightmares about final exams--that I forgot one, that I blanked out in the middle of the test, etc.  The weirdest one has been about a take-home exam with Prof. Trucios-Haynes (whom I've never taken, FYI).  I drove to my cousins house in the Salvadorian barrio to take the test, but I kept getting distracted by her loud TV watching, loud chewing boyfriend  (Note:  I do not have a cousin who lives in the Salvadorian barrio...in fact, I have no cousins at all).  I think these are fairly normal post-exam dreams, but I would really like them to go away.  Exams are over, so my subliminal brain should be over them too!

My most recent dreams have been about leaving for Chile, and someone from my family always skips out on saying goodbye to me. In one dream, my mom was too busy to come say goodbye, and in another, my dad drives so (purposefully) slow to the airport that I miss my flight.  Now I know that my family doesn't want me to go, but do I have to have horrible dreams about it???  

As usual, I don't think I'm stressed about leaving, but apparently I am...

No comments: