27 April 2008

Melancholy

I've been kind of down lately, and I can't quite pin down the issue.  

Blaming finals is the natural choice.  Nothing will make you feel worse about yourself than taking 2 exams within 48 hours,  neither of which you finish before time is called.  Seven hours of continual typing and intellectual degradation is bound to make my 2nd story window look like a good option.

But I don't think that's my problem.

Lately (as documented in previous posts), I've been trying to let go of what I can't control and just roll with the punches.  And most of the time, I like it that way.  But some days...I just wish I could control the situation.  I wish I could have all the answers.  The fact that I don't--and I can't--is getting me down today.  

So today I'll embrace the melancholy, and tomorrow I'll try to get back to being bubbly.  In the wise words of Ms. O'Hara, "tomorrow is another day."

No comments: