03 April 2008

Rainy Day Greys...

Why do people call them the rainy day blues?  I happen to like the color blue, and it makes me feel peaceful.  Rainy days, however, do not.  They make me feel downright grey.  

I'm finding myself feeling pretty negative today (It's rainy and cold outside, I have a make-up class I don't want to go to, too much reading to do, etc.).  So instead of whining, I'm going to spill my three happy things that I am grateful for this week:

1. I got back in touch with a good friend from college.  Not sure why we lost touch, but I think about her all the time.  It feels good to know that we're still friends despite the lag.

2. We had 2 gorgeously warm and sunny days.  Even though it's chilly and rainy today, spring is definitely on it's way!  There isn't really anything that makes me happier than springtime!  Derby is only 4 weeks away!!!

3. I finally figured out my classes for next semester and I cemented my summer independent study.  If all goes as planned, I'll be doing an externship at Legal Aid next year instead of taking so many classes.  This thought makes me exceptionally happy!  

4. I can't help but add a fourth:  CHILE CHILE CHILE.  I can't stop thinking about it!  

I'm going to try to remember these things today...even though the rain is still pouring down outside.

2 comments:

Nila Clark, M.S., CCC-SLP said...

I would hope that you have higher expectations that to me like your mother. And.......I think I am a very good driver!

LucieLu said...

Hahaha your moms comment is hilarious.

Another thing we have in common - we spell "grey" the same way. I think grEY is so much prettier than grAY.